Programmable keyboards used to be considered “niche technology,” as they were only used by a few people for certain, specified uses. However, currently, most PC users don’t even realize they have keyboards that are actually classified as programmable.
Today programmable keyboards are apart of everyday business tasks and needs. They can be programmed for just about any application available and are very versatile. With this in mind, programmable keyboards are not needed for everyone. Take this short quiz and find out if you could use a programmable keyboard. The index at the bottom of the quiz can be used to tally your score. A score over 8 points tells you that you need a programmable keyboard!
1. How often do your employees/you navigate through a computer network in order to do daily tasks? (1 being not often and 4 being very often?
2. Do you/your business have to handle a high customer call volume?
3. How often do your employees/you perform the same task(s) throughout the day on the computer?
d. Never; n/a
4. Is your business downsizing/do you have to accomplish more in less time?
5. How computer-savvy are you/your business?
d. Not at all; n/a
6. Could you or your employees use more keys than the number available on a standard QWERTY keyboard?
7. Are most of the keys on standard QWERTY keyboard obsolete for your business needs?